Is there hope for the paternal patriarchal system to change?
Is there hope for the paternal patriarchal system to change?
When we talk about masculinity, we enter on a place related to the patriarchal oppression that configured the personality and the privilege
of the persons that society has construct as man just for the fact of being
born with the "strong sex".
Therefore, patriarchy configures the way that man should act in different places and contexts. For example, when boys are growing up, the system teaches them how they have to behave and manage their feelings, avoiding crying in public or manifesting their weakness, just expressing anger, and demonstrating that they are strong.
If we understand the logic of this sexism system, we
would have a basic idea about what it means to be a good father or a bad one.
Because the truth is that most of them are very irresponsible with their kids;
they don´t pay the pension, they appear only when they need something, or even
disappear at the moment when women say they are pregnant.
In these sense, I feel that the feminist movement has done
and is doing right now, a lot of grievance and support of children and mothers
that has been abandoned. Also, I think that we can not ignored the fact that
the visibility of these movement has made that many men take conscience about
what are them responsibilities and what can they do to become good parents.
Finally, I think that in spite of all the privilege
and authority that the patriarchy gives to man compared to the figure of women
and mother that it constructs, I have many hopes that the parenthood become to
change for good, and in a feminist way.

ResponderBorrarGrade: 5.3. For details, get in touch so I can send you the rubric.